View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 03:16 PM
sahm4605

Okay ladies and gents,
I have to once again say thank you thank you thank you to you all. If it wasn't for your votes I don't know if I would have won the quilt contest. I just received my prize and it is beautiful. I will share the pics with you guys. But I just have to say a HUGE thank you to everyone. And I have to say that JoJo's quilt shop who was the prize is a wonderful place. (side story) The bundle that I was supposed to win was beautiful, but I was at a loss as to how to use it and asked for suggestions, mostly because I have been in love and working with batiks since I started to quilt this summer. She actually said that she would be willing to send me a batik bundle instead of the bundle that was the actual prize. this kindness is starting to make me cry. And I have to say that the batiks that I got from her store are really really really wonderful.
Now I am in a bit of an idea pickle. I am making a quilt for my SIL with the batiks that I got as my prize. (this is the SIL who lost her mom) she picked 8-9 of the bundle and those are the first couple of pics. I am trying to decide which pattern they would fit best. any suggestions would be wonderful. or at least a shape direction to head in. I was thinking maybe doing this one called hidden wells. here is the link to it.
http://www.reddawn.net/quilt/hwells.htm
what do you guys think? this a good one to do?

fabric for SIL
[ATTACH=CONFIG]143925[/ATTACH]

fabric for SIL
[ATTACH=CONFIG]143926[/ATTACH]

the rest of the fabric
[ATTACH=CONFIG]143927[/ATTACH]

another shot of the rest of the fabric same as third pick
[ATTACH=CONFIG]143930[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-143920.jpe   attachment-143921.jpe   attachment-143922.jpe   attachment-143925.jpe