View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 05:14 PM
Carsey

We are the 2nd group “Sew By Row” for the 2011 Row Robin hosted by Bookworm. I am honored to be your group leader. This is going to be very exciting and so much fun. If you need anything or have any questions or suggestions, please..please let me know. I am new to this leader thing but I will give it my all!!

I believe Bookworm provided all of you with the info for mailing your rows. I will post the order that she sent to me so we all have the same thing.

Carole a/k/a Carsey sends to
April a/k/a LovingIzabella sends to
Kimberly a/k/a Buddy’s Mom sends to
Lindsay a/k/a deltadawn sends to
Linda a/k/a Lindyline sends to Carsey

Please be sure to post pictures here and on the Original site before you mail your row.
After you have added your row “and sashing, if included” please post another picture before you mail it off to the next eager quilter, who will be patiently waiting.

Add a Label if you would like – to circulate with your top so that all the members of your group can sign it. Please use a Black Pigma pen or some type of black permanent fabric marker. You might want to leave enough room for everyone to list their name along with their board name, their city, state, country, and the date.

I thought that I would add some mailing information that I learned from a Round Robin.

All mailing from the USA to the USA and/or Internationally, you might want to go to http://www.usps.com and order some free shipping supplies- envelopes and/or boxes so you will have them on hand. They are available at no charge.

Domestic USA
For USA mailing, all of the sizes will generally fold up and fit into the regular Priority envelope or the Priority Flat Rate shipping boxes from the USPS. If you generate your own label on line- delivery confirmation is included at no extra charge and your rate will be a little less than if you take it to the PO. You can print your own label and put the parcel in your own mailbox for pick up if desired.

From USA to INTERNATIONAL
You can start out with the small Priority Flat Rate boxes/envelopes but the tops will outgrow these fairly quickly. I found that they will go reasonably in a regular Priority envelop and at the regular Priority rate (not flat rate) as they get larger. You cannot insure International Priority mail…however, you can ask for a signature upon delivery if the person you are mailing to agrees. Some of our international members feel the Post offices handle the packages a little more carefully when a signature is required. For international shipments, you can do the entire process on line, but you must hand deliver the package to a postal worker either at your mail box or at the Post Office.

CUSTOMS FORMS!!!
These MUST be filled out correctly! You can do them on line along with your label. Many of the countries to which we are mailing use the value listed on the customs forms to charge VAT (value added taxes) to the recipient. We DO NOT want to cause our recipients to have to pay any of these charges because they are not purchasing anything and we are not importing anything. We are only exchanging services. I always check off the box marked "gift" although you can also use "other"

DO NOT list the contents as quilt….mark it as "USED FABRIC SCRAPS" .
Mark the package to be RETURNED TO SENDER in case it cannot be delivered.

PLEASE CONTACT YOUR SEND TO PERSON VIA EMAIL TO ASK THEM WHAT IS THE BEST AND PROPER WAY TO SHIP TO THEM. You will also want to ask what value they would like for you to list on the customs forms, as the value for VAT taxes varies per country. IF YOU ARE UNSURE...ASK, we will figure it out!!!

YEA, happy quilting!! Carole