View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 08:11 PM
Joanie2

Originally Posted by taiboo
I know it's not perfect, but I MADE it for him....I didn't even get a thank you :-( he just folded it and put it aside.
I know it's difficult but you need to let it go. I'm speaking from experience. My dad re-married 17 yrs ago and I made a king size pinwheel quilt as a wedding gift. I live in CA and he was in PA and in all the visits to them I never saw it on a bed. Dad divorced a few months ago and I expressed the importance of bringing it with him when he moved to So. Cal. He said he didn't care about it and it might be easier to just sell it at a garage sale. I was flabbergasted and told him to bring it with him and I would drive down and get it. Well, when I got there it was on my brother's bed. I asked if I could take it home because it meant a lot to me and cost a lot to make. He said it looks good on my brother's bed and that's where it was staying. What could I say? I gave it to him and it was his to do what he wanted with it. I left it there but have decided he doesn't care or value my quilts so I won't make another for him. Doesn't mean I love him any less. So leave it with your dad -- he may change his mind. You never know, you might find it on the back of his chair or couch. You made it from your heart and that's all that matters.