View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 08:28 PM
alimaui

Originally Posted by Deborah12687
I am not hiding anything and I am a very honest person. I have sold on Ebay and used paypal for 8 years and had a lot sucess with my auctions and had no negative feed back. 2 years ago I stopped selling for a while and took a brake from it and when I went to update all my information they had closed the account for nonactivity and took some of my money that was still in my account.....do you think I am going to trust them again? So I won't post any fabric for sale since some people think I am some sort of con person.
No one said you were a con person. You asked for opinions. I have been burned by sending a money order. The problem with a money order, is that once I put it in the mail, I now have to rely on the good graces of someone else. Each person has to look out for themselves in any transaction. And online transactions have a very high possibility of fraud.

With a check, you have the luxury of waiting until the check clears before you send the fabric. Would you trust that the check is good and just send the fabric once you receive the check? Something tells me that you wouldn't. By waiting for the check to clear, you are saying that you trust your buyer less than the buyer trusts you. Paypal, google checkout, etc makes trust a non issue, because there is a recourse should the shiteth hitteth the fan.

Once you are eligible to sell here (or anywhere you choose) it is completely up to you on what type of payments you take, but just know, that a percentage of your target audience will not buy under certain conditions.