View Single Post
Old 12-16-2010, 08:44 PM
Rhonda
Power Poster

Originally Posted by meow meow
Hello. This was a great tute. I have a group of friends that we get together every week to work on our projects and spend time together been with one for over 20 years and we all love SBS so today we had our annual Christmas get together and after lunch we made the magnets They came out sewwwwwwww cute. Thanks for putting this out for us to do. It was a fun project and did not take very long to make. It brought back memories of our SBS quilts and how they always make us happy. I will ask my friend if she has any patterns on Sam or Bill and see if it is something you might be interested in but it won't be until after Christmas as she leaves very soon for Kansas to spend the holidays. Thank you again for sharing this with us. The only question that was asked was why does she have a pocket but no arm so of course my friend made an arm for hers and she never has liked to put only one shoe on anything so she made two boots. Her's is really cute. If I knew how to work the pictures to send I would post them but alas I am too dumb on the computer. Merry Christmas and thank you again for making our day today.
The reason she has a pocket but not an arm was simply because when I drafted the pattern I was making a king size quilt for my neighbor and I made my Sue as simple as possible. So no arm. It was just easier to do that way.
She is just my simple country version. ANd one boot is because it is a side view. I did that quilt one hundred percent by hand. No machine stitching at all. I don't know how to do any quilting down stitches so it was all done in SITD and I took a paper copy of my Sues and pinned them around the borders and did an outline of Sues around the edge. That is the last large quilt I did or will ever do!!! LOL

Anyone wants to change it be my guest! I just like to keep things simple.

I'm really glad you all enjoyed making Sues! and yes I would be interested in any Sams or Bills. I want something not too complicated tho. Thanks!!

Here is link to the one and only king size quilt I ever made. I did make a couple of twin size Sue quilts which I sold a long time ago. 12 years ago actually.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-18716-1.htm