View Single Post
Old 12-17-2010, 08:52 AM
catrancher

I'm working on three different block of the month quilts. One comes from one quilt shop. I get the blocks every three weeks with plenty of fabric to complete them. They other two come from a different quilt shop. On the other two, I've gotten the blocks sporadically, sometimes missing an entire month in between. Usually, I have to use a few pieces from my stash to supplement because I don't have enough fabric, or because what I they give me isn't appropriate. In addition, the blocks have come out of sequence. When I call, they tell me they haven't received the others, but it'll come in time. Yesterday, they sent the pattern and fabric for one, but only the fabric for the other--no pattern. When I called them this morning, they told me they had cut the fabric, but that they didn't have the pattern. She apologized and said she'd put a note on my card and that I'd get the pattern later.

I've never done a block of the month before, and so I don't know whether this happens commonly or if it's a problem with the shop.