Thread: christmas
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2010, 12:10 PM
IBQLTN

You are not being silly. Dogs are the only animal IMHO that love us unconditionally (whether we deserve it or not)!

I had two dogs were my 'other' kids. I lost one on December 22nd one year. Fortunately, I had another at home but it was very difficult to make the choice to end the older one's suffering; but the vet agreed it was time.

I lost my mom December 23rd, 2005. She was in hospice care and said she 'didn't want to mess up Christmas' and insisted we not come to the hospice center Christmas day. She was determined the family would still have the 'family dinner' on Christmas. I think she passed when she did so she'd get 'her way'! We did get together as she had 'mandated'. It started out sad but we began to reminence of times past. We can choose to remember the good or dwell on the bad. I choose the good!

Remember your dear doggie's fun times and companionship. After my second little doggie passed away I only managed to stay pet-less for about 5 months. I love being greeted when I come home! Now my sweet Ash is only nine but has gone almost completely blind due to two pancreatic infections that left him with diabetes. But he still wants to chase his toys (we now buy ones that make animal sounds so when we throw it he can find it.) He gets his insulin twice a day and is a very happy camper! I cannot imagine my life with dogs!

I will keep you in my prayers. May your Christmas be blessed and your new year filled with wagging tails!

Originally Posted by frenchrose
Hello everyone just wanted to wish everyone a very blessed christmas and a happy new year. please keep me in your thoughts. it might sound stupid to some of you I lost my special dog Trinity 2 days ago it is breaking my heart. she was my birthday present in december 2003. just had to let that off my chest.

frenchrose