View Single Post
Old 12-17-2010, 12:49 PM
misseva

Originally Posted by Flying_V_Goddess
So I get down to cutting up the last t-shirt of my quilt and fusing interfacing to my last two pieces. The front side of the shirt went off without a hitch. The backside, however...well, not so much. When I turned the piece over after fusing the interfacing I noticed the huge crease I had somehow pressed in. Must of occured during the fusing process as I ironed and pressed the wrinkles out before applying the interfacing. So not only did I make this HUGE crease, I had bonded it in place thanks to the fusible interfacing.

I freaked.

Thank God for the Internet! I Googled "how to remove pellon interfacing from fabric" and the answer I got was to re-iron the interfacing and peel off the fabric while its still hot. It worked, but for a piece of that size it took FOREVER. I spent at least half and hour steaming the heck out of that fabric in one spot and carefully peeling off the interfacing while it was still hot.

I think its okay. It doesn't look like it stretched too much (if at all). But I'm giving it an overnight break before ironing it again and fusing a different piece of interfacing to it. Its been through enough for one night!
i need to make a t-shirt quilt - tell me the name/weight of fusible interfacing please

misseva