View Single Post
Old 12-17-2010, 04:11 PM
susiequilt

I got to the checkout at Walmart no cash, no credit cards!
I checked to see if I had left them in the car but no, not there.
Talked to the manager and he took my name and said he would tell the cashiers not to accept my cards. No sorry about that or anything. Didn't work.
When I got home I had a call from both security departments from Visa and Discover wanting to talk to me about fraudulent use of my card.
One card they got 4 purchases of about $350 total and the other card they got $450 from another store. They were shopping while I was looking for my card! It will be interesting to see how much more they got before the card was reported missing.

The manager offered to let me call from the store to cancel cards
but he looked for 10 sec and said he couldn't find the numbers and to call when I got home. It took 45 min to get home. I called the police to report it but have to go there tomorrow.

I never put my purse down in any store so they got it while I was wearing my purse. I do have the bad habit of not zipping it and just dumping the cards and cash in there. They didn't take the empty wallet so I have my drivers license! They did leave me my ATM card so I was able to pay for my purchases. They are slick!

Be extra careful all of you!
:cry: