Thread: christmas
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2010, 06:06 PM
ccthomas

As so many have expressed, I am so sorry. I have lost my St. Bernard and thought my heart would break. Now I have also lost three special cats, one being my Mom's cat when my Mom died and again I thought my heart would break but I am moving closer to getting ready to adopt from the Humane Society -- soon but it is still hard.

And when the time is right or almost right, Marley and Me movie is so beautiful and through the tears and love, in a small way, it helps. I didn't think I could watch the movie and even now, just thinking of this movie, I feel the sadness.

Originally Posted by Minding My Ps and Qs
May I recommend a book the Stephen Ministry leaders gave to all the Stephen Ministers at my church as a Christmas gift? It may help. It is called "Cracker Still Lives Here - A Story of Living, Loving and Healing" by Connie Cummings.
The introduction says the author wrote the book to encourage expression of emotion when grieving over the loss of a pet. She begins by saying "There's a long road ahead of you. I know...I've been there."
Please let me know if you are interested in the book, but cannot find it. I'll see if I can find another copy.
May God bless you richly - and may you heal from this loss and regain your joy in living - even without Trinity. Rev. Sally