Old 12-17-2010, 07:39 PM
Diamondrose

I have been looking for another sewing machine for a while and thanks to the great information here (still have many pages to read yet, just not enough time to do it) I have narrowed it down to two different machines. I have a Singer touch and sew 758 which I like for most everything I do except machine quilting.

The first is a Singer 15-91 in good shape, works good, with attachments, manual, etc. I learned to sew years ago on one that was similar to this so I would be comfortable with it.

The other one is a Standard Brand treadle with a spring belt (that was new to me). It had several patent dates on the plate, 1887 - 1893 was the first, don't remember all of them but I think the last one was something like 1893 - 1896. It also worked good but the cabinet had a couple spots on the table top where the veneer was not in great shape. Neat machine though. I haven't been able to find much information on this brand and know very little about it.

Right now I am looking for any pros or cons on either machine before I make my decision. Any information would be greatly appreciated.