Thread: Such a sweetie
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2008, 07:38 AM
MsSage

I had an OLD (20 + years) singer that was uuggggg. So I had been looking and saving and was going to buy a $200 brother ci2000. Well while David was here we had to go to Amarillo and we went to Joanns.
I figured out I had been making the quilt HARDER by doing the small 4 block and going to have BOTH sides the patchwork ( I am SUCH a MAROON) SO I needed a fabric to make the the back blocks with and with him here, let him pick it out. He picked a blue check with moose since he knows I am crazy about moose and it would give him a bit of me to hold on to while he is on the road.
While there I looked at the sewing machines eeekkkkk the only one in my price range was a singer with 6 stiches no walking foot , no quilt extender , just a plaine jane :cry:
The first machine the lady showed me was a singer confidence quilt machine. PERFECT everything I needed just what I wanted untill she told me the price $400 :( nope cant swing it. SO back to the other machines and asking prices and David is listening and as she gives me the price $450 on one he goes she'll take it. :shock: WHAT no no no I ask are you going to buy one for me? Yeap, I tell him I would rather have the singer quilting machine and its cheaper.......
He is SUCH a sweetie he had to keep up the manly attitude and say if it got me OUT of there I would have paid anything LOL :lol: