View Single Post
Old 10-26-2008, 01:30 PM
Butterflyspain

Hi everyone. Just got back from doing my stint today at the quilt show.

We had loads of people come to our little village to see us which was totally amazing.

Good news and bad news..... BBad news first, my camera gave up the ghost and I havenīt got pictures for you. Izy had her camera today and she got the pics, so be patient and you will see it all soon when Izy gets back.

Also great news we raised lots of Euros for our Charity with the raffle for our quilt. Its going to a nearby childrens home and we raised more than 800 Euros. Considering the price of the tickets 1 Euro for 5 I think that was amazing.

The winner was indeed very worthy, her name is Joyce and her husband is John. I will tell you why. Last week her husband and a friend Mike were cycling in the mountains going downhill very fast when the Mikeīs front cycle wheel gives way, he goes over the top and to avoid him John veers off and lands very badly in a gully. He had 25 stitches to his face, broken 6th Vertebrae, broken arm and shoulder and also broken ribs. The other chap, Mike is very serious, he severed his spine and is paralysed from the neck down he has a tracheoctomy because he canīt breath and is still in intesive care. The problem is the insurance wonīt pay up.

When Joyce came to see us today at the Club she said if she won she would raffle it to raise money for their friend Mike. Imagine my delight when her name was called out and I shouted who it was as it was under the surname that none of the girls recognised.

So our Quilt did double whammy today and we are all so pleased that its going to such a good cause.

You have a treat in store when Izy puts her pics on, even I was stunned at how many quilts and other projects were there.

Elle

Elle