Old 12-18-2010, 06:20 PM
MinnieKat

Recently I made a mini bow tucks bag (no picture, sorry). I tried to use it for a purse but for several different reasons I didn't like it. While I was making it, for some reason my 87 year old mother thought it was for her, so when I decided I didn't like it I gave it to her. Plus I bought her one of those divider things that you can put inside and is easily removed, it fits really nice in there.

My mom has been carrying the same purse for at least 10 years maybe more. When I gave her the bow tucks she set her old purse right inside it. I thought just to get it home and then she would transfer everything.

Two weeks later I saw her again and she's still carrying her old purse inside the new bow tucks! So then I gave her the divider.

Another week or so later my sister told me she's now got the old purse inside the bow tucks (still) and she has the divider sitting on top of her old purse!!!!

That's been about a month ago, I'm not sure where she's at with her purses by this time. I'll be seeing her at Christmas so if she hasn't transferred stuff by then I'm just going to do it for her.