Old 12-18-2010, 07:33 PM
olebat

Originally Posted by stewyscrewy
Yes Insulbright would definately keep you warm it reflects the heat of hot pans ect back away from you or your table/counter ect. so why not use it for convecting your own body heat.
I camp out in extreme cold, and have done this. I have a fleece/high loft/fleece, a fleece/Insulbright/fleece, and a cotton/fleece/cotton, for all cool-cold weather. Summer is just a sheet, if anything. The fleece/HL/Fleece is a block pattern, ditch stitched. The Insulbrite is a whole cloth with large, meandering cross hatch. The one with the fleece batting is a 9-patch stitch in the ditch. The drinking water in the tent can be frozen in the morning, but I'm toasty and well rested. I like slipping into the fleece. It's warm right away. I have to toss in a bed warmer before I crawl in next to the cotton on really cold nights.

Consider putting some ties or snaps in strategic places to make a cuddle wrap if it will be used for games, where you might be standing, sitting and moving around often. Another thing I find useful outdoors is a long fleece scarf with pockets for my paws.

Glad this came up. I think I'd also like to make a hood-scarf with insulbrite and definitely line the pockets. The last one I made was just two layers of fleece, nice and wide, so it covered the back of my neck nicely, but did not have a draw string on the hood. A good wind would blow it off.