View Single Post
Old 12-19-2010, 09:39 AM
UglyCook

Originally Posted by gingerella
Originally Posted by grammer ann
That is quite a beautiful quilt design. I am envious of your knowledge of EQ. Would you believe I have EQ4, EQ5 and my daughter just bought me EQ7 for Christmas. I can handle the basics but have not learned to do the complicated pieces such as this quilt. I sure wish there were tutorials or a good forum maybe with ongoing lessons to master this software. I am now retired and determined to learn it this time. Keep posting pictures of your terrific designs, maybe there is hope through you inspiration.
You and I are in more or less the same position. An on line tute would be great. This is not a program for people who are "in a hurry" as I seem to be .. I have EQ5 but have not updated as it is a difficult program to get into. I've been toying with the idea of EQ7 since it first was released but just decided to bypass.
Quilt University has very reasonably priced classes for EQ and you can print out all of the lessons to use again later as needed. It has made a huge difference for me. Also, EQ6 & 7 have videos included which are very well done.