View Single Post
Old 12-19-2010, 12:34 PM
makakehau

Hi folks,

I am new to quilting and this forum, but oh, am I ever hooked.
I am a fabric/pattern/picture junkie, spending way to much time looking at and dreaming of these items. I was never taught to sew, but became interested in the the beauty and skill in quilts. It seems they all have a very detailed tale to tell in a special, beautiful language of their own.
Starving for the knowledge of this incredible craft, I have jumped in with both feet, teaching myself to sew (well, my version of sewing - lol)
I consider myself a novice at best, but have managed to complete 2 tops. I haven't dared trying to quilt them for fear I will ruin them. The quilting will come in it's own time I suppose.
I have begun at dabble in some paper pieced blocks and find it very enjoyable as well as regular piecing.

In my "real life" out side of quilting, I am a 47 year old female, live in North Central Texas, am married and have two great adult step children and two darling grandsons (who happen to have grandma wrapped around their finger) along with one very spoiled Shi Tzu dog. My other hobby and passion is running and training for the next marathon.
For a living, I am a 911 dispatcher - a job I love!

Finding this site is like a dream come true. It's so nice to be with others who love and appreciate quilting. I am particularly fond of all the picture postings of your works.

Hope to meet, chat and learn from you all!

Thanks for having me.

:D :D :D :D :D :D
Lori Lesnett