Old 12-19-2010, 01:51 PM
SherriB

I call my family a variety of pet names. My Mom started it when DD was very little. DD loved to pick cherries at my aunts house. Mom would call DD "George" , in reference to George Washington. Then she started called DD and her best friend, George and Martha. And it snowballed from there! LOL!!

My Mom is now gone and the kids get still get called George, Ralph,and Fred(don't know where I got those from). Other names for the DD's are sweetie, baby girl, etc. I call my little granddaughter "Blondie girl" because of her blond hair, along with other pet names like her mommy and auntie. My grandson gets called Bubby alot. I try not use it much. Lexi calls him Gaby Baby. His name is Micah Gabriel and gets called Micah or Gabe most often. It's a wonder my children and grands even know their own names!! LOL!!

DH and I most always call each other pet names. We only call each other by our given names when we are mad/upset with each other.

I am not offended by being called "sweetie, dear, honey, etc" by strangers or those younger than me. It is so much a part of the south where we live that I think nothing of it. And I am just as guilty of it.