View Single Post
Old 12-19-2010, 02:18 PM
MTS
Banned

Originally Posted by retired2pa
I understand that the item was still up for grabs, but what upset me was, to my way of thinking, and the way I would have handled it, would have been to contact me and tell me he had another offer and ask if I was still interested in it at the original price since I was the first one to make a bid on it. Just seems like that would have been only common courtesy.
I don't think you understand how a BIN works on eBay. It didn't have a Best Offer option, did it? You and the seller exchanged emails. Even though you agreed on the price, in that time frame, someone else obviously BIN-ed it. End of story. That BIN represents a legal contract between the the seller and that buyer. The seller couldn't go the buyer and to say he was in prior negotiations with you.

Could the seller maybe have sent you an email out of courtesy to say it had been sold? Yeah. But maybe he thought you had it on your watch list, and would have easily seen that it was bought.

If you're knowledgeable about eBay, you can go see what time that BIN happened.

As for leaving negative feedback, as was suggested upthread, that shows even less understanding of the workings how that site operates.

Also, the comment about sellers just wanting to make money....geez, imagine that!

Sellers only make as much money as buyers are willing to pay. Fin.