View Single Post
Old 12-19-2010, 09:44 PM
MTS
Banned

Originally Posted by retired2pa
I don't think you need to be so sarcastic, either. And furthermore...I didn't make the comment about sellers just wanting to make money!!

All I was saying was the seller should have been more considerate. Is that too much to ask? Obviously you think so. They shouldn't have agreed to sell at a lower price if it wasn't possible to do so and they should have told me that. So, excuse me for being so ignorant about all the little rules (like BIN!!!). We can't all be as smart as some people on here.
My comments were not meant to be sarcastic. I was just trying to better inform you as to the workings of eBay.

And, not p!ss anyone else off, but just because you've bought hundreds of items on eBay, doesn't mean you have the slightest clue about SELLING on eBay.

Some of these sellers have thousands of listings at a time, and are not personally invested in each listing. It's just an inventory item number to them. As was already mentioned, they might get hundreds of ASQ (Ask Seller Question) inquiries. (Although less the in the past, as eBay tries their best to hide that button. They are not too fond of off-site deals being made.)

Anyway, sold is sold.

And maybe the listing had less than 12 hours to go. Did you know that NO changes could be made to the BIN price (or other details) in that time period? If the BIN price wasn't changed officially, then the seller would have to pay FVF (Final Value Fee) to eBay on the listed ending price, regardless of what you negotiated.

Now, if you had agreed on reducing the SHIPPING charge - which is really where your original problem was, you could have hit the BIN button, and the invoice could have easily been adjusted for the shipping, regardless of how much time was left on the listing. Plus, you would have the emails as back-up should there be any seller's remorse after.