View Single Post
Old 12-19-2010, 10:54 PM
lab fairy

Originally Posted by quilter41
Originally Posted by karenchi
Proof of mailing instead of DC......Just keep your P.O. receipt. Has the zip of where you mailed. I do this....no problem then...
Proof of mailing means nothing if the package is lost. UPS shows me each stop it went to. When you have to pay double to mail something that some dummy said Addressee Unknown to the same address this is BS. This happened to me twice with the last swap I was hostess for. I tried to explain that I was using the same address again and she looked at me like I was stupid. Stating maybe someone else will find them this time. What about the $4.95 Priority Mail tht meant nothing. Yes I am extremely disgusted with the USPO.
I guess I tracked too many packages when I worked in industry. Just because the "brown truck" says they delivered it to an address isn't necessarily so. They will deliver a package to anyplace and say it is delivered as well. I DELIVERED several UPS misdelivered packages on Christmas Eve last year because they were left on my porch and I didn't want to see someone not get their gifts. Every system has issues. I even have had a few delivery people I liked very much. Sadly they were NOT the people working at the place you had to ship from.