View Single Post
Old 10-28-2008, 08:12 AM
nor'easter
Banned

I have a very small family, what’s left of it anyway, so they are all getting quilts for Christmas. My sister’s will be for her birthday at the end of November. The design I did for her is posted here: http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/l...40.page#131070

I finished it last Friday and took it to my longarmer for quilting. We decided on a flip-flop pantograph going up and down the columns because it is SO much my sister. My quilter had never done that panto before and was really looking forward to doing something new. She loved the quilt pattern and said her husband might even try to keep it! Monday night I got an email from her that said simply:” Your sister’s quilt is ready and it looks Fantastic!!” I was stunned that she did it so quickly – and that she thinks it looks so good – guess she’s like me and does things she’s excited about before the more boring stuff.

Anyway, I can go get it now or I can wait until I finish the last of the Christmas tops and use it as a “reward” for getting that last one done and to the quilter. If I wait, she will have finished another of the other three she still has. So, much as I want to see what it looks like, I’m going to wait…and you’ll all have to wait along with me! :D It’ll make me work all the harder on this last one!! Do you ever bribe yourself with rewards in order to get something done??