View Single Post
Old 08-13-2007, 06:16 PM
OnTheGo

isnthatodd.......Wish I had been with you. Road trips with hubby are my favorite trips. There were still a few states we hadn't visited when he retired in 1999. We tossed around a few ideas...like fly to some point west and take the train back or vice versa. I never thought he would drive (or ride) that far, but we finally decided to drive without making any reservations and stop whenever we got tired. We were gone 6 weeks and had meant to stay longer, but he began to have severe pains in his leg...so I drove him home from California as quickly as possible.

We went straight to the doctor, then the dealership and traded the car for a mini van (more comfortable sitting) and have been taking long road trips ever since, but looks like we'll probably have to go back to flying everywhere....and hopefully by train. We have now been in all 50 states.......some many times and some places we want to explore more.
But we recognize that our reflexes and eyesight are not what they used to be....sooooooooooo