View Single Post
Old 12-20-2010, 09:45 PM
GrannieAnnie

Originally Posted by asterisks
Just recently joined this site from Iowa...mainly because I would like to have information on how to construct a quilt block to display on a barn or shed. I'm looking for step by step instructions. Anyone out there that can help me? I would appreciate any & all information.
I asked for a gift card to Home Depot to buy the stuff for a BARN QUILT. I may make mine 4x4, at least for the first try. Hubby will get to figure out how to hang it.

I'm just going to lay my wood out (gonna try to buy the best whatever for exposed uses).

I'll mark the patten out, then paint it the colors I like. Barn is sorta beige, so i'll use a color to match barn as my "white". The other color will be red since Red is in our street name.

I'm thinking I'll cut out a few sponge stamps and add a pattern of sorts to the red and the beige color.

Not sure what pattern I'll use for my first try. I like Whirlpool real well or one of the variations, Windblown Square or Balkan PUzzle.

After I get the 4'x4' done, I'll decide if I want to do an 8'x8' for the west end of the barn that is most easily seen when driving past.

Sorry, can't give yoiu exact details. I'm going to play it by ear.