Old 12-20-2010, 11:42 PM
JoAnnGC

I finally finished this ginormous Christmas Tree Skirt Quilt for my SIL and BIL for their 15-foot Christmas tree. It is 90 inches in diameter and is embellished with 135 buttons and 150 sequins for the berries, 304 appliqued holly leaves and jumbo rick rack. I quilted it on my little green vintage Husqvarna Viking 21 Automatic from the mid-50s and, thank goodness, it never missed a beat. I also made a matching drawstring sack for storage. I brought it over to them tonight and Gina said it was the nicest Christmas gift she had ever received. Just hearing that made my heart sing. It was a lot of work and took a bit of time and patience but I am very proud of it and would do it again in a heartbeat :)

I had the tree skirt spread out on my California King bed for picture-taking and our little Mason decided that it was a perfect spot for cat-napping. In fact, he was quite indignant when I asked him to move!

Holly & Berries Tree Skirt Quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]146380[/ATTACH]

Mason trying to keep Gina's tree skirt for himself
[ATTACH=CONFIG]146381[/ATTACH]

Closeup
[ATTACH=CONFIG]146382[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-146375.jpe   attachment-146376.jpe   attachment-146377.jpe