View Single Post
Old 12-21-2010, 08:14 AM
JAGSD

Originally Posted by Lneal
The problem is me :D She picked out the pattern, told me both husband and herself decided they wanted me to make the quilt. The cost is not an issue, so I am assuming it is the choice for handmade. But why do I feel so guilty about charging this much?
I use top quality material and they are willing to pay the price. Maybe I will feel better once I have given them the estimate and find out their reaction. Which I am sure it will be to make the quilt :D :D
I would definetly give her the estimate but when you do so, just explain the charges, she should understand. I know a lot of people don't, but if you have it broke down and if you may need to show examples of where and how you came up with your totals. If she is not happy, then maybe it is not meant to be. I think that is pretty reasonable quote without knowing all the details. There is a lot of material in a king size, in addition to piecing, borders, quilting, binding and tons of time. A friend of mine did a quilt much smaller and was a PP type of star, with tons of quilting and she sold it for 1200.00. I believe it was about 69x69.