View Single Post
Old 12-21-2010, 08:17 AM
jad1044

I know the feeling Karma - I started out making quilts in memory of my mom who'd have made each of her grandchildren a quilt for their wedding, and she died before getting that done - so me being the only quilter in the family have taken it upon myself to give each a quilt in Mom's memory!

OK - then as fast as they marry, there are babies, so I've decided to make each baby a quilt - and then of course I have two sisters, a son and daughter-in-law in the audience saying ME TOO. So, when all is said and done, I'll have made 15 quilts and have 3 completely finished, with 2 more started, and the baby quilts need to be done too - more babies on the way or already here! My machine was down for 6 months last year, so no sewing at all - till they could get a part for it - no local Singer dealers around so I took it to a shop that repairs and cleans Husquavara and Viking I believe it is, and well, I think it got put on the back shelf, wishing I'd buy a new one - well, to me it is new - only being 4 years old, and being an embroidery machine too, not ready to invest more money in a new one - so NOW I'm ready to begin - again!

I know the feeling of being overwhelmed - and I could go into the outsiders also wanting quilts - wow! I didn't know quilts could get so popular all of a sudden.. till I started!

Have fun, and take your time - in time you'll have all done and you'll be stockpiling quilts.. i'll never stop quilting - but to get each one their first quilt seems to be the biggest hurdle!