Old 12-21-2010, 09:48 AM
LivelyLady

Originally Posted by icon17
Originally Posted by YaYaBean
I'm in the middle of completing a quilt for my sister that I hoped to have completed by Christmas and have run into an issue. I prewashed all fabrics before starting, but when I'm working on the quilt, red color of the quilt backer is rubbing off on my sewing machine, clothing, and anything that comes into prolonged contact with the back of the quilt (which is made completely of the red/strawberry Woodland Chain organic fabric).
I'm not sure how to proceed with the project. If we wash the quilt after completion, will it bleed all over the other circa 50 organic fabrics used for the other squares? Do I wash it in cold water with vinegar (if so, how much) or some other product to further set the color? Do I have it dry cleaned, or will the chemicals they use be too harsh on the organic fibers? This is the first time working with organic fabrics, so I'm not sure if they need special handling. I've never run into this problem before and don't want to ruin the quilt since it was very costly for the fabrics and very time-consuming. :)
Not sure if it matters, but the batting used is a wool batting. Thanks!
I've never used such fabric BUT I would Sure Photo it and send a pic to who/where = Email/ phone. I got it and raise HE** !!! If you got it local take it to them and show it to them!! Sorry Just ME being Polite!! :lol:
I agree with you and I would do the same.