Thread: Stolen packages
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2010, 10:02 AM
kwilter

Originally Posted by pittsburgpam
A couple of weeks ago I had a delivery of fabric go missing from my porch. They replaced it so I'm not out the money or fabric but it still p!$$&s me off! This happened once before but not in a couple of years.

I have been off work all week and I was hoping that my other deliveries would come but, of course they didn't. One is Monday and another is Wednesday and I can't stay home for them. Everything I have ordered since, I am having delivered to my work.

I set this up tonight with my webcam. The Logitech software has a motion detection video capture. I tested it out, walked quickly onto the porch and it worked good. I will tape the cord down and cover the laptop with a cardboard box because I also neet to cat-proof it.

This sign is also being taped to my front door when I leave in the morning! :evil:
My daughter & her neighbor both had packages stolen from their front doors when the thieves followed the UPS truck. However, her neighbor not only saw them but got their license number and they were subsequently caught. Although the pkgs. were properly returned, the neighbor insists on pressing charges. We are happy they got their stuff returned to them.

:P