Thread: Frustrated! :(
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2010, 03:17 PM
Flying_V_Goddess

I'm in the final stages of prep work before I do any actual piecing for my Slipknot quilt. I finished cutting the longer strips of sashing fifteen minutes ago. I spent most of last night getting the strips for the borders measured, drawn, and cut out. Had the shorter sashing strips done a couple days ago.

I was going to mark my seam allowances on the shorter sashing strips before pinning them to the t-shirt pieces. When I put the ruler on the strip to mark I could not get the marks on my ruler to line up with the edge. I had cut my shorter pieces crooked! I think its because of the way I cut them. With the other longer pieces I cut through a single layer of fabric with scissors and with the short pieces I cut through two layers of fabric with scissors. The two layers probably shifted a little during the cutting process and that's why my strips were all wonky.

I spent the last fifteen minutes remeasuring everything to make sure everything was straight and to the right size and thank God everything else isn't messed up. But I'm a bit stressed at the moment.

I knew there was a reason for buying the small $1 box of Russel Stover chocolate when I bought my batting the other night.