View Single Post
Old 12-21-2010, 03:25 PM
Ps 150

Originally Posted by CompulsiveQuilter
I have depended on this board to "find" the best marking system and the only one that a majority like is the chacoliner chalk roller. I've yet to try it - haven't had to mark in a while, but I will soon and it's a mixed light/dark quilt so I plan to buy two different color markers. I did use kid's washable markers (at first, and even now) I find I'm most comfortable with thick lines. I've heard yellow doesn't come out and no colors come out if ironed. I used tons of Shout. But I'm ready to move on.
Well...I will say that earlier this month I had a disaster with the chacoliner chalk roller. Even though I've never had a problem with them, I tested it out on my fabrics that were in a quilt and it brushed off fine so I used it to mark my quilting lines. After that, it wouldn't come out of two of the fabrics! I tried everything and nothing brought it out. Someone on here suggested that the heat of the needle and machine bed from a day of use must have set the chalk into the fabric... :cry: I tried it again this week on a trial placemat, just as a precaution before trying it on the actual placemats and it did it again, before my machine was warmed up. I think it just mixes wrong with some of the finishes on some fabrics. I will never use it again. It went in the trash just yesterday.