View Single Post
Old 12-21-2010, 04:49 PM
catrancher

Just a warning: I got an email from this sender telling me that my subscriptions to "Quilt" and "McCalls Quilting" would expire in 3/2011. I've learned to check for myself on those, so I went directly to the magazine (NOT the link that Magazine-Agent.com) sent me and found that I had renewed both in September and October. My subscription to both is good until 2013.

I've been caught by these "agents" before and ended up with my subscriptions so far out that I'm not sure I'll live long enough to see the end of it. And because I bought them through an "agent" (unbeknownst to me), I couldn't get a refund when I tried to cancel them. Now I always go directly to the magazine website, even if I receive an envelope that claims to come from the publisher. The email notification is a new one on me. I take lots of magazines, and so it's interesting that only the two quilt magazines came up.

Also, if you just search for the magazine by title, make sure you are actually on the publisher's website. There are "agents" all over the internet it seems. Buyer beware.