View Single Post
Old 12-21-2010, 08:44 PM
JanTx

Driving home from church on Sunday saw a corner piece of wood hanging down. Thought - a ladder, a hammer, done! Well, when I went to look it wasn't just the corner trim piece - was the entire corner of the house - rotted and falling down. Took 2 days to get a repairman out and the entire house has rotted wood under the eaves - corners are worse. Seems the guy we hired years ago to paint and repair facia boards did a bad job and water has been leaking in all these years. Slow leaks are not insurance covered. Roof needs to be replaced and rotten wood replaced all along the eaves of the house. Looking at around $20,000. What a remodel I could do with that money! But ... what fun is a new roof? Practical, necessary, but fun?????

A few years ago a leak in a wall got me a new bathroom complete with spa tub - now THAT was fun!

Double the cost and triple the time or Double the time and triple the cost? Either way - pooey!

So sorry you're having trouble and hope it all comes together in less time and less money than expected.