View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 04:52 AM
grann of 6

Originally Posted by mollymct
I'm feeling a little tired and stressed today, but trying to let some things go that just won't get done. Have one quilt project to finish up, 2 pies, a casserole, shopping for the ingredients for the two pies and casserole, two dirty dogs to bathe, packing, cleaning so I'm not scared to come home! Oh, and so many gifts still to wrap! Yikes! I love to wrap my gifts, but I may be picking up a few gift bags.

One of the things I'm supposedly "letting go" is more Christmas candy/treats, but I really want to work that in!
I too am feeling stressed. Just remember this, if you don't get it all done, no one will even notice. Ever since my shingles episode a few years ago at Easter, I remember that my doc told me they are brought on by stress, and once you have them you can get a repeat. So I try to just take things as they come. I always have too much food anyway. And gift bags are wonderful. I save mine from year to year and only had to buy a couple large ones for the girls quilts. Much less mess to clean up after, and saves the landfills some trash. My DDIL brings cookies and I MAY make a few but won't worry if I can't get it done. Today is cleaning day, I guess.