Old 12-22-2010, 09:49 AM
GrannieAnnie

Originally Posted by Tennessee Suzi
Originally Posted by GrannieAnnie
Originally Posted by Marilyn Philips
Are you kidding. I still have my sprinkler bottle and it really comes in handy now and then. I also remember having to iron everything - no poleyster, no blends - everything was cotton, even my husbands work pants and shirts. I remember putting the pants on stretchers which was a big help and made the pants look great. I really don't miss that experience at all. I also remember no TV, microwave, dishwasher, 1-car households, no computers, no cell phones, when most mothers did not work outside the home, etc. etc. Guess I'm really giving my age away. Still, there's a lot to be said for those days when life was not on such a fast track and everyday life was not so hectic and dysfunctional.
I remember our first TV. My grandmother died right after Christmas in 1959. My mom got her TV. All the other siblings in her family had TVs already. One of the first TV shows I remember watching was Coronado Nine-------with Rod TAylor.

I'm going to skip the outhouse stories! lol
We got our first tv in 1959 and the first show was The Great Gildersleeve! Any one remember that one?
Sure do!