Old 12-22-2010, 11:58 AM
Japonica

I used to wish that I could not work anymore and be able to just play all day with my varied interests in crafts. Well, be careful what you wish for!!!! Laid off three years ago and decided to just retire thanks to a great DH. Took awhile to learn how to play. I have worked since I was 17 and currently am 58. Felt guilty for some odd reason. Now, 3 years down the road, I love it. I must admit I miss the challenge of a once fast paced, heavy travel job.

Now I have put new challenges in front of myself. Polymer clay, fused glass, (hubby bought me a kiln while I was still working and I never used it)crochet, made 6 baby afghans since I have been laid off. Got into jewelry making a bit. Now quilting. It is something I have always wanted to attempt and I did 2 months ago. I blew the dust off a sewing machine DH bought me 10 years ago and I never used. I am so hooked!!! I love it. The best part...fabric shopping. OMG! Like I needed another obsession! I know I own Michaels craft store now I am looking to buy Joann's!! Quilting is GREAT. So, long story short, No, I can't ever see myself getting tired of it!