Thread: Hello
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 12:10 PM
qltlvr122

Hello everyone. I am eager to get back into quilting after several years going to school. I have recently moved to the Ft. Lauderdale FL area and am hoping to meet some fellow quilting buddies here.

I moved here from Denver CO and consider Denver my home. I have 3 grown boys and 4 grandkids all in the Denver area. I started quilting seriously (okay I was obsessed and will admit it) in the 80's while in Alice Springs Australia where I taught sewing/quilting. When I returned to the states, I managed a fabric store and did some pattern testing for a quilt shop in Dallas. We moved to Denver, kids grew up and have families of their own and I went back to school after my divorce from my husband of 20 yrs.

Now I am in a new area and am on the path to finding a new life. I moved out here for a job but am currently unemployed-long story. So while I am looking for a new position, I am looking forward to reacquainting myself with my sewing machine and meeting lots of wonderful quilting buddies here.