View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 08:21 PM
Quilter7x

Originally Posted by Jo Belmont
Pressing all the seams open on one side before turning to make easier pressing on the right side! Wowee! what a tip - I had never seen/heard of that before and I'm sure gonna give it a try. Sounds like it would almost eliminate those little wandering edges from one side to the other that seem inevitably to happen in the most visible spot.

Maybe I won't be picking at that part of the seam with my tailor's awl to get it all lined up. Thank you, thank you!
Exactly - you won't be needing the awl if you press everything to one side. I just made another one and embroidered the first initial of their last name on it. I made some banana muffins to put in the basket and will give it tomorrow. I see that I need to learn how to center the embroidery in that spot. :roll:

Originally Posted by milikaa1
I like that, I think I will make one...now I have to get the ruler LOL...
I used the ruler in the pictures because I had it, but you can use a dessert plate or something like that.

I am thrilled people are liking this idea. I saw it in another post here on the board and loved it myself. The QB is a wonderful place for sharing! :thumbup:
Attached Thumbnails attachment-147153.jpe   attachment-147154.jpe