Old 12-22-2010, 09:31 PM
QuiltinPaws

Hi, I am from the San Gabriel Valley. As you know we are soaking up the liquid sunshine. I have a hubby, and fur child, Paws the cat, a tuxedo rescue. AKA, Precious, My Sweet boy, Handsome. He's my sweet love. I have been interested in quilting for awhile. I made a quilt with fan blocks about 15 years ago. Didn't have a clue what I was doing. It is still in use but kinda ragged. Still I learned alot. Due to work and then later health problems I didn't make another. Now I think I am ready to jump in and try another.

After reading here for awhile, I feel I have learned so much that my second quilt can't help but be much better. I have a stash. Some from my mother who passed on two years ago. Some came from shirts from my brother that I just couldn't bear to throw away. The rest came from seeing the beautiful fabrics and purchasing with the idea that one day I would make something out of them. I learned sewing in Home Ec. Shows how old I am, huh? I am "retired" due to a disability. Now I am ready to start my second childhood making a quilt. Now if I just could get the courage to actually start...