Old 12-22-2010, 10:53 PM
Jupiter

Hi Batikqltr and Everyone,

I've been looking at page 11 in the book, to see what you are seeing. I believe what she is having us do is to print the template drawing on white paper. Then iron the freezer paper to the back side of the white paper, so they are stuck together. Then cut them out as one piece. That makes the template a little bit thicker and stronger because it ends up being 2 thicknesses of paper.

I bought several sheets of Dritz Clear Plastic Template. I printed the templates out on white paper. Now it is my intension to trace them onto the plastic sheet and cut the templates out of clear plastic. (Not right or wrong, just a different way to handle it... mostly because I didn't read the book first before I bought the template plastic! silly me...)

Its getting close to Christmas. Another day or two of "finish up all presents," then clear up the mess in my studio. Between Christmas and New Years, I am dedicating that week to working on a batik quilt I am making. Then when January finally gets here, I should be all set to go on this new project.

I still think I may need to get some lighter lights in my fabric selection. Mine are the last set of BW photos on page 10 on this site... the daisys. It is interesting how much a black and white photo can show you about value of fabric color... and how much we tend to go right down the happy middle and avoid the dark-dark and the light-light, both of which add a dynamic touch to a quilt.

Good Night for now,
Jupiter

Originally Posted by BATIKQLTR
Thanks so much for the black/white pics! I see that I need to get a few more lights and maybe another dark. the pretty blue (my favorite) is on back order and so is the 2nd from the right on top. I need to go somewhere there is a design wall for sure.

I am studying page 11 and trying to understand why we copy to white paper then to freezer paper. Then I'm not sure which we are supposed to cut the "template" from, the copy or freezer paper? I think once I understand the steps, I'll be okay with the designing (at least I hope so).

I'm looking forward to this after the Holiday hustle bustle.