Old 12-23-2010, 06:12 AM
Quilt Mom

Originally Posted by JanTx
Grocery store tonight. Hear my name called out across the tomatoes.... This grownup man person comes running over. I taught him in 5th grade and he's now 35. I have no problem being 56 (don't count me in average - I've already posted), but this MAN PERSON had to add... you look good! (amazement in his voice) You look healthy even (shocked tone)Wow - how old are you anyway? (Sigh)

Wonder how old I looked to him when he was 10? I was younger than he is now at the time.

I've taught in the same small town for 25 of the 32 years I've been teaching. It has become very common to walk into that same grocery store and have some child say, "Mom! That's my music teacher!" Only to have the mom say, "I know, Honey - that was MY music teacher, too." When I start teaching the grandchildren - I'm retiring!
How wonderful for the children in the town to have such continuity in the school! We recently had a teacher retire - after her last grandchild was through her HS English class! How much the school has lost!

Well, I will admit to late 50's, but my mom says that after 50 we get younger every year, rather than age! I'd rather do that. :lol: :lol: