View Single Post
Old 12-23-2010, 06:19 AM
pineneedles4

Originally Posted by owie
I don't have the money to run out and stock up on everything that is going up in price. I am not planning to spend much next year on fabric or anything that is involved in quilting unless I need it to finish a quilt. I will be stashbusting.
I know exactly how you feel! I LOVE quilt stores and yesterday my sister and I went to Oklahoma Quiltworks where I bought her a new quilt book for Christmas. Then we drove to Prairie Quilts in Hennessy, Oklahoma where I bought her a gift certificate for the store. I was sooooo tempted to buy a ton of fabric but I managed to stick to 1/2 yard of red batik for a quilt I have planned and 1 yard of fabric for an apron for my son for Christmas. I have so many patterns and quilt kits that I've purchased the last couple of years that my goal this year is to finish the 3 quilts I've started and ONLY sew from my stash and hopefully the quilt kits I have already! I did break down and also purchase 6 spools of thread from Hancocks this week because they had 400 yd spools of white or black for only $1.39 a spool. (And...off the subject...my goal is to improve my machine quilting on my home sewing machine so I can finish the quilts I'm piecing.)