Thread: general
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2008, 07:55 AM
Letty

Hi Karen.I stopped smoking because I quilted!!!!! I was hand quilting a double bed quilt for my sister-in-law when it occured to me that all the smoke when I took a break for a cigarette was going into the quilt!!As it would take me a few months to finish it brought me up short and I thought 'no it's not possible to do both'.I always find quilters are very caring people and most of them that I meet are very giving and supportive, you are a good example,keep up the good work.I have a copper plaque in my kitchen that reads 'Housework whenever,quilting forever' --says it all.Mother Shiptons Cave is quite a way from us, lovely little town but we took friends there a few years ago and thought tha 'cave' was a 'rip off' as they say.The river walks are lovely though.I didn't sew a button on until a was 50, hated sewing so quilting has changed my life,I'm still no expert but have been glad to pass on the history and the love of the craft,making good friends on the way,who have often proved to be much much better quilters than me .Oh goodness now you can see my age !! Haha.Many regards, Letty