Old 12-23-2010, 09:46 AM
tellabella

Originally Posted by Candace
I'd like to hear the story with Accuquilt. LOL:> I love my Studio, but I've heard of some problems with the GO.

Research the "Vagabond" that is just now being released. It's an electric version and although it's not as large a cutting area as the Studio, it seems comparable to the GO.

I think the main issue I'd have with these machines is that most only cut like on layer of fabric. But the Vagabond may be a great choice for some people over the GO. If you can get past the fact that it's UGLY.(IMHO) ;>

I bought the Accuquilt in summer across the border ih the US...emailed customer service at Accuquilt to see if I could deal with them since I am in Canada..didn't answer right away.. wrote back...first email said "we" as in Accuquilt was going to contact store..then emailed me back saying I misunderstood them "I " had to email store...called store..said I HAD to bring it THERE for repair...so I thought it was done deal. wasn't going back to the store...I would have spent on gas more thand what the darn thing is worth...(I also spoke to some on this board with same broken handle problem and apparently becasue they are in US...it was easier to replace..also one person told me Accuquilt was going to send her a handle replacement kit??? I would have been happy with that but that was not an option given to me???) so I tossed the machine..garbage...since it was broken...and decided not to get all upset about..(same time I fell at work so I had bruises and a nice whiplash) a week or more
after my last email I get another email..probably the first one I sent from another person telling me that she had just found my email in SPAM....anyway, emails went back and forth.. (all of my other emails went to her SPAM..so I never knew if she got my messages...this all took over 1 month of back and forth....she spoke to the other rep...said she had advised me properly..to return it to store first...but NOW, she would have been willing to help me if I had the machine..said she was going to speak to supervisor...of course, TOO BAD, SO SAD...for me was the end result...barely an apology...
(Then yesterday when I bought the Big Pro and was testing it out, the store owner told me Accuquilt is having LOTS of problems with these handles and the next batch they are producing they are changing the way the handle is made???...just what I heard)...sturdiness doesn't compare to Big Shot...