View Single Post
Old 12-23-2010, 10:10 AM
ckcowl
Power Poster

about 40...well sort of...i have a quilt top, the top is together. the blocks were ones that my grandma gave me to work on when i was pretty young, hand embroidered...i made about 7 or 8 of them...then grandma moved away and life went on...fast forward 30 years, grandma passed away...months later a small box arrives at my house...found this box of embroidery blocks in the attic...you are the only 'sewer' in the family...do you want them? if not...toss them...opened the box...there they were...those blocks from oh so long ago...including the ones that were not done...fast forward a few more years and my granddaugter is driving me crazy...i want to sew something...so i gave her the blocks that were not done...she finished them over the next couple years...gave them to me and i finally early this year put them all together...and there it sits...folded up (with backing and a batt) under the quilting table...for oh about 6 months now...one of these days i will load it up and finish it! past that one most of my ufo's are less than 5 years old...and only 1 that old. i did pretty good finishing a few this year