View Single Post
Old 12-23-2010, 12:46 PM
omak

Originally Posted by akrogirl
Buy-outs by groups like this, only interested in grabbing as much money as they can and with no genuine interest in the business, usually don't work out well. Very sad to hear this.
Pretty much the way I see it. Yeah - - there is money going through there today, but dollars to donuts, the people buying the store doesn't know WHY it is making money ... when the fabric looks like the cat drug it in because they were taking the cheapest they could get - - well, you get the picture.
For some reason, a lot of people with money don't have any brains - - consistently kill the goose that lays the golden egg.
Business sense, like integrity, is not inherited - - one either has it or one had better learn it, cuz without it - - one is not nothin'.
Okay! I do believe in plots, and I am thinking that the combination of no manufacturing to speak of in the US of almost any product + the fact that foreign companies own more companies (capital) than US companies cannot bode well for the American citizen. <wave>