Old 12-23-2010, 01:45 PM
thequiltmama
Banned

Everyone should watch the show "Hoarders" on A&E tv. It really gives you insight to understand. BUT with that said. No matter how clean you think your house is if you hoard I guarantee once you get down to the bottom you will find things that are bad.....(mouse poop, ants, roaches or any combination of those and more). And yes my Grandmother was a hoarder. She kept it hidden well though. She kept it all upstairs so no one would see it. When she died last year it took 4 of her daughters 6 months of constant sorting to get most of it out. And there is still some in there. Hoarding is hereditary also, my mother battles with it. I have been working with her to understand...don't save it for me. I have my own house and don't need things I never needed before. I finally got her to on her own clean out alot of stuff from the extra bedrooms. I also see my daughter battle with it on a smaller scale. But watching the show with her and showing her that those people don't have good strong family time with their families and friends coming over because of the mess, she has learned to realize that all possessions can be replaced....family and friends can not. And the only real thing you need in life is those two things.