View Single Post
Old 08-14-2007, 02:50 PM
B_RGuest

Hi All! I have been reading the tips on this site for quite a while, but never actually posted a reply. Thought I'd say a howdy to everyone from Georgia. I've lived in Georgia 7 years, but I grew up in Michigan and lived in California while my husband was in the Airforce. I have been quilting for about 15 years or so. I have 4 children 3 daughters (the youngest 2 are twins), and one son. My son and his wife still live in Michigan and have a 2 and a half year old daughter. My oldest daughter and her two daughters live here in Georgia, as do my twins One of my twin daughters was married on Aug. 4, and the other one is engaged. So we'll be empty nesters before too long-except my granddaughters are over here 2 or 3 nights a week. I love piecing quilts and applique, but am not really crazy about the quilting part. Wish I liked it better because I love the way the fancier type quilting looks. It's really hot here in Georgia right now. It hit the 100's today. I also work in our church's Christian school. I am the lunchlady and also teach home ec in the afternoon. The last two years, my home ec classes have made quilts for their sewing project, and this years class wish to do the same.