Thread: Are you......
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2010, 04:03 AM
lvaughan

Originally Posted by Riversong
Im that way about Bargello and rag quilts. Do not like them,Bargellos give me motion sickness,and the rag quilts dont move me at all. But I still appreciate everyones creativity and ability.So one can say "good job" even if the project isnt their cup of tea...speaking of,I need a cup ..off I go.
I was the same way about rag quilts. I couldn't see why anyone would waste their time making something so uninteresting (ugly). I have now made four of them, first for my hubby, then two for my granddaughters and the last for my SIL. They are quick to make and soft and cuddly for them. I don't worry about wear and tear on them like I would on a quilt. My husband thanks me often for his and the grands are always talking about Nanny making something for them, can't beat that.

My four year old granddaughter said the cutest thing the other day. I took my embroidery machine and extra sewing machine to her mom on my last trip so she could make some things for the girls. My granddaughter was standing what my daughter considered too close to Nanny's machines and ask her what was she doing. My granddaugher said she was smelling, they smell just like Nanny. Apparently my perfume smell got on the machines as I carried them. Just too cute, does a Nanny's heart good!