Old 12-24-2010, 05:34 AM
maryel

Originally Posted by Obsessed
I've decided that I am done with Christmas sewing. I had a couple of baby quilts I wanted to get done, but at this point it's too late! I won't see those recipients until the new year, and that's OK. Today will be spent cooking and getting ready for Santa.

Here are the last gifts I finished up last night. I have almost 3-year old twins and an 18 month old. I wanted to make them each a little something, and they love pillows, so the idea for the pillow pet was born!

My daughter loves anything purple and girly, so the cat is hers. My older son is crazy for sharks, and the baby has a jungle-themed nursery. I also made my daughter a doll quilt using fryguymoore's twisted log cabin tutorial. I think it came out really cute and snuggly! Now maybe my daughter will stop stealing all of my dish towels to cover her dollies!

These are the last projects that I am making on my old yucky sewing machine - Santa is bringing me a nice new one and I'm so excited. I only wish that my machine hadn't been acting up this week - I wasted a lot of time fiddling with it and the stitches aren't particularly good. I'm a little sad that these projects could have looked better if I had done them on the new machine (especially the applique) but toddlers won't know the difference!

Merry Christmas everyone! I wish you all joy, peace and love this holiday season and throughout the new year!
Sorry about the typo placement.... Wanted to say, adorable projects and the kids are sure to love them and where did you get your pillow pet pattern? I had to buy my grands theirs at Toys R Us for 20 bucks!